The 2012 Oz Super Series Final is an official Privateer Press Masters. On June 21st 2012 the name was officially changed to "Oz Super Series Masters".
The OZ Super Series is a collection of Warmachine & Hordes tournaments run across Australia. After a very successful launch in 2011 the series has been expanded for 2012 to include heats in the cities Adelaide (SA), Perth (WA) and Newcastle (NSW). The top 2 placed players in each heat gain qualifying spots to attend the end of year Oz Super Series Masters!
Super Series Masters 2012 Heats & Qualifying Spots
The following heats will be run as part of the 2012 Oz Super Series. Each heat has been allocated a set number of invitations as listed below. Exact dates for some heats will be finalised closer to run date.
Note: Declined invitations for whatever reason other than the person has already qualified will not pass down to other players in each heat. Any declined invitations will be added to the Gauntlet pool. An invitation will only pass down when a player that gains an invitation has already qualified for the Masters.
Rules for each Heat are as follows:
- Brisbane (Irresistible Force) - 2 spots - 26th February
- Nathan Kalkman (Khador)
- David Potts (Skorne)
- Sydney (Hall of Heroes - Campbelltown) - 2 spots - 19th May
- Trent Denison (Cryx)
- Jeff Traish (Trollbloods)
- Newcastle (Good Games) - 2 spots - 24th June
- Sydney (Tin Soldier - Penrith) - 2 spots - July
- Western Australia (World's End Radio) - 1 spot - June/July
- Canberra (Good Games) - 2 spots - August
- Adelaide (Infinity Games) - 2 spots - 22nd September
- Western Australia (Ultimate Weekend) - 1 spot - 20th - 21st October
- Melbourne (TBA) - 2 spots - TBA
The Gauntlet - Brisbane - 8th December
- 16 players minimum - heats that attract less than 16 players will not be awarded qualifying spots
- 50 points
- 10 point reinforcement forces are compulsory for both army lists and must be included on the army's sheet.
- 4 rounds
- 2 warcaster/warlocks - both must be used at least once
- Ticket cost for all heats will be $28
- $5 from each ticket sold will go towards running the Oz Super Series Final which is free for all qualifiers. (including travel assistance where required)
- SR2012 rules - All scenarios are eligible for use and will be rolled up prior to each round
- Latest beta will be used where full version has not been released. Download it here.
- Players must bring a copy of SR2012 with them (hard or soft copy).
- The use of tokens for focus/fury, spells, effects, orders and feats are compulsory. If there is a dispute where a judge is called the absence of the appropriate token will result in the decision going against the offending player.
- Players must bring eligible hard copies of both of their army lists.
- Line-of-sight marks on bases are compulsory.
- Privateer Press models from the Hordes or Warmachine range allowed only. All figures must be fully assembled and mounted on the correct base size.
The Gauntlet is the final qualifying tournament for the Oz Super Series Masters and provides players with a last chance to gain an invitation. The top X ranked players from the Gauntlet will be added to the already qualified players (from the heats) to make up the full compliment of 32 for the Masters (where X is the number required based on how many of the heat qualifiers accept their invitations).
Rules for the Gauntlet are the same as the heats
except it will be a 3 warcaster/warlock event
with each list having to be used at least once (i.e. one of the lists can be used twice).
The Gauntlet is run on the same weekend as the Super Series Masters and will be 4 rounds which serve as a lead in to the main event. At the conclusion of the Gauntlet's 4 rounds the number of players that are required to ensure we have 32 players in the Masters will gain an invitation to continue playing that weekend (i.e. join the Masters field).
Oz Super Series Masters - Brisbane - 8th (evening) to 9th December
Note: Round 1 of the Super Series Masters will be played on the Saturday night. Once the Gauntlet is completed the players who will be joining the already qualified players will be announced. The 1st round draw will be done and the players will break for dinner. After the dinner break the 1st round of the Masters will be played that evening.
The Seeded First Round of the Super Series Masters
- Saturday 8th December (round 1) to Sunday 9th December (rounds 2-5)
- Irresistible Force Miniature Games & Hobbies - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- 32 players
- 50 points
- 5 rounds
- 3 warcasters/warlocks - Divide & Conquer variant (i.e. 2 lists must be used twice and the 3rd once)
- SR 2012
- All models must be completely and 100% painted, based, flocked and with line-of-sight markers clearly marked on their bases.
Players who gain an invitation to the Masters via the heats will be given a seeded draw for the 1st round of the Masters.
The #1 seeded player's 1st round opponent will be the 32nd seeded player. The #2 seeded player's 1st round opponent will be the 31st seeded player and so on until the 16th seeded player will match up against the 17th seeded player.
The seedings will be worked as follows:
- James Kerr-Reeve (the 2011 Super Series winner) will be seeded #1.
- The rest of the already qualified players will be awarded the highest seeds in descending order based on their rank in the WM/Hordes (AUS) ranking group on Rankings HQ. Therefore the highest ranked player that has already qualified will be seeded 2nd. The next highest ranked player that has already qualified will be seeded 3rd and so on.
- Once all the qualified players have been seeded, the next seed will be given to the winner of the Gauntlet. The rest of the Gauntlet qualifiers will then be seeded based on their position in the Gauntlet tournament.